Sunday 2 February 2014

ASUS ROG Results

ASUS ROG Winter is in the books with San defeating Dear in the final to win his first premier tournament.  I thought San and StarDust were the best two players throughout the tourney (Dear was very uneven and ForGG cooled off after a fantastic start--I really liked his incorporation of hellbats against zealot-heavy Protoss players).  No foreigners made it to the round of eight, with Welmu performing best among those who took part (NaNiwa withdrew due to health; I enjoyed watching swarm host-lover Snute get crushed by both ForGG and San--it helps sooth the pain of his recent game against TitaN).  There was nothing of note balance-wise in the tourney (the R8 consisted of 4 Protoss and 2 Terrans/Zergs, but the top Zergs were off their game and other than ForGG the Terrans were as well).
 
As for predictions, I only looked at the group stage, but here's how Aligulac and I did:
Group 1: 2-3 (both Happy and Taeja were off their games)
Group 2: 4-1 (an exhausted elfi lost his rematch with Apocalypse)
Group 3: 2-1/1-2 (Aligulac; Welmu with the upset over Life)
Group 4: 5-0/4-1 (Aligulac)
Group 5: 4-1/5-0 (Aligulac; I was right that San would beat StarDust, but he did it later)
Group 6: 4-1 (Zanster was able to upset HerO in their first match)
Group 7: 4-1 (BabyKnight with the initial upset over Alicia)
Group 8: 3-0
 
Overall I was 28-8 and Aligulac was 27-9, although in terms of who moved forward the only player I (and Aligulac) erred on was Happy.
 
This article is written by Peter Levi (@eyeonthesens)

No comments:

Post a Comment