Saturday 15 March 2014

WCS Korean Predictions (Round of 8)

The Round of 16 is in the books and predictions (I leaned on Aligulac) were quite accurate (6-2; we both missed soO, picking Bbyong, and we both mistakenly took Soulkey rather than Maru).  Protoss went 5-4, Zergs 2-3, and Terrans 1-1.  Here are the brackets for the R8:

Picon small.png sOs
Picon small.png Zest

Aligulac gives Zest the slight edge (51%); in similar circumstances (offline vs Korean Protoss) sOs is 7-2, but Zest is 5-0 (albeit not against players of sOs calibre--his win against Dear doesn't weigh as much these days).  I like the upset here, so I'll go with sOs.  [I was wrong here, as a Zest annihilated sOs 3-0.]

Picon small.png Rain
Picon small.png herO

Aligulac predicts herO will win (65%) and I see no reason to argue.  [Both Aligulac and I got this wrong, as Rain edged out herO 3-2.]

Zicon small.png Life
Ticon small.png Maru

Aligulac has Life as the heavy favourite (67%) and the Zerg player has a ridiculous record against Terrans in similar circumstances (16-4, but none against Maru); however, the Terran is 9-2 in the match-up of late and I thought Life struggled against Taeja at IEM, so I'll go with Maru here.  [Aligulac stood strong as Life won 3-2.]

Picon small.png PartinG
Zicon small.png soO

Aligulac gives PartinG the biggest edge of the round (74%), but he's lost to soO twice and the Protoss has been awful in similar circumstances in HOTS (3-8).  PartinG has been improving in the match-up, but I do think soO will win here.  [My one success in this round, as soO beat PartinG 3-1.]

So Aligulac predicts Zest, herO, Life, and PartinG making it through, whereas I have sOs, herO, Maru, and soO.  [Instead, Zest, Rain, Life, and soO made it through, so Aligulac was 2-2 and I was 1-3.]

This article is written by Peter Levi (@eyeonthesens)

No comments:

Post a Comment